Sunday, January 20, 2008

Are You Really Filled With Power? Acts 2:4


Extra Power
by
Patricia Salem
(Reprinted Without Permission)

When I was a child, I received a great deal of my Christian upbringing from my grandfather, a wonderful man of God whom I loved dearly. He spoke with tongues, but I did not. As I grew older, I prayed, "Lord, I want to speak in tongues too." But the devil would say to me, "What do you need tongues for? You're doing fine without that." However, I knew it was scriptural as the disciples spoke in tongues on the Day of Pentecost. Acts 2 says, They were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues (v. 4).One day my mother gave me a book, which said, "If you do not have the Holy Spirit working in your life through speaking in tongues, you don't have all the power that God has for you." I knew Acts 1:8 said that we would receive power when the Holy Spirit came upon us, and I wanted that extra power! It's like driving a car on the freeway and putting it into overdrive. The car gets extra power, and it can really go! So I said, "I'm not going to listen to satan anymore. I want this power. God can give it to me, and He can do it today!" I began to praise God and thank Him for filling me with His Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. I starting speaking in tongues immediately, and I've done it every day since! God wants all of His children to have this extra power. If you're saved but you've never received this gift, you can receive it now. Pray, Father God, I ask You to fill me with Your Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. You can have all the power that God has for you!

No comments: